Intelletect is hiring for a Start-Up who is the leading provider of retail Point of Sale solutions to the legal cannabis industry. This exciting market is rapidly growing, and our Client is growing with it.
Our client is looking for a great senior engineer to join one of our product teams. Their senior engineers take on significant projects, while also coaching and mentoring the team. Their engineers work with product managers and designers to understand the problem and find creative solutions. Their engineers are masters and role models at:
- Software craftsmanship - getting the details right, building for testability and reliability from the ground up
- System design - defining the architecture and components that allow us to grow and evolve rapidly
- Engaging cross-functionally - putting team needs first, being a resource to all
Their engineers are ready to engage anywhere in the stack, from mobile apps to API design to databases. They are experts and building and growing large, distributed systems.
As a fast-moving startup, we value people who can take on whatever comes their way, figure it out, and get it done. But these are the typical responsibilities:
- Partner with product managers and designers - deeply appreciate the problem, propose alternatives.
- Design and implement solutions that support high scale, 24x7 operations
- Engage throughout the stack, from front-end design problems to back-end scalability challenges
- Stay on top of technologies, frameworks, tools. Have great judgment on when to bring new ones into our world.
- Be able to jump in to a (possibly old and messy) part of our code, figure it out, and find a path forward.
- Be a resource to the rest of the team - actively coach and mentor, lead by example, perform constructive, detailed reviews of designs and code.
- Understand the health of the team’s codebase. Make good business cases for reducing tech debt.
As guidance, people with this kind of background tend to do well:
- 5+ years software development experience
- Significant experience with SaaS solutions
- Language Agnostic:
- Experience with or ready to learn and master Ruby (our current server-side language) and/or React and React Native( our front-end frameworks)
- Expertise in building highly scalable, distributed, loosely coupled systems, ideally with public APIs
- Experience building business critical software that integrates with third party systems
Authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis with out required sponsorship for employment visa status due to the nature of the indsutry they are in.
For more info, please contact email@example.com