My client is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. They offer the largest production blockchain platform in the world with various ways to buy, hold, and use cryptocurrency.
It creates a financial system for the internet that empowers anyone in the world to control their money. Over 50+ million customers have signed up to use my client’s platform. Their explorer is one of the most trafficked websites to find out what's happening in the crypto markets and the Blockchain.com exchange supports a fast trading experience. I am looking for seasoned software engineers from a variety of technical backgrounds to join their team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build distributed, scalable and highly performant, (soft real-time) software to handle our rapidly growing user base using the most appropriate languages and tools,
- Be a part of a dedicated engineering team committed to rapidly shipping, and iterating on products that directly impact millions of users,
- Be at the forefront of the cryptocurrency ecosystem building out a new set of financial services, systems and architecture,
- Work extensively with open source technologies (Kafka, Cassandra, PostgreSQL),
- Ensure security is at the forefront of everything you do, employing advanced encryption schemes to secure user and company data,
- Work within interdisciplinary teams to continually deliver the highest quality products to our users,
- Optimize existing systems for scalability, extensibility and performance whilst building out reusable, modular code for use across Blockchain’s products.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity,
- You possess an innate curiosity, are a strong advocate for the best engineering practices and thrive on learning new technologies,
- You take a pragmatic approach to developing clean solutions to complex problems,
- You have experience building and shipping highly-available, fault tolerant, low latency, scalable architectures (distributed systems),
- You pride yourself on consistent high levels of test coverage, strong technical documentation and effective monitoring,
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases and large-scale systems,
- An appreciation of the entire stack (including but not limited to front-end, service-oriented architecture, message brokers, databases, network layers, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application,
- Preferably experience in at least one JVM based language such as Java, Kotlin (, Scala) or willing to learn these languages,
- Tools and frameworks, which helps to deal with concurrency and distributed systems related issues, like Vert.X, Akka, Quarkus, Micronaut, etc. (but be prepared to change).