Intelletec is partnered with a technology-enabled pharmaceutical company leveraging the power of AI to revolutionize small molecule drug discovery. Our client invented the use of deep learning for structure-based drug design; this technology underpins their best-in-class AI discovery engine, which is differentiated by its ability to find and optimize novel chemical matter. Our client has extensively validated its discovery engine, delivering success in over 185 projects to-date including a wide-variety of protein types and numerous “hard-to-drug” targets. They are building a wholly-owned pipeline of small-molecule drug candidates, with three programs in lead-optimization and over 30 programs in discovery. The company has raised over $174 million from leading venture capital firms to advance its mission to make better medicines, faster.
We are looking for a software engineer with strong database and software skills to join our Data Platform team. The team is still relatively small, so there are lots of opportunities for both career growth and substantial contribution and ownership. If qualified, please apply today!
- Contribute to the design, development, and deployment of massive cheminformatic datasets for machine learning
- Build tooling for data wrangling and discoverability for our drug discovery projects
- Create scalable data pipelines to process complex and diverse external datasets
- Implement systems to track data quality and consistency
- Partner with domain experts, machine learning scientists, data scientists, and other software engineers to provide access to foundational datasets to enable self-service research and development
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of industry data or backend engineering experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Solid understanding of RDBMS concepts, data structures, and distributed data processing patterns
- Experience with providing customized access and views of data
- Proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (Python, Java, C++, etc)
- Ability to work with people from diverse disciplines within cross-functional teams. We work with many kinds of domain experts: cheminformatitions, data science, structural biologists… to name a few!
- Experience with cloud computing environments (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Familiarity with full stack engineering
- Comfort with the Linux command-line environment
- Knowledge of statistics, data analytics, and data visualization
- Interest in bioinformatics, cheminformatics, drug discovery, or a related field