With a “no programming required” product, this company empowers businesses and industry with our computer vision solutions. Their users can deploy cutting-edge, deep neural networks on the cloud or on-premise with the click of a button.
Founded in 2016 by a Stanford professor, they have raised $33.5 million and have a broad range of customers and partners in manufacturing, industrial IoT, and security.
I am looking for a world-class Senior Software Engineer in Infrastructure to join their team to develop the systems that powers their computer vision platform. Working alongside software and computer vision experts, you’ll collaborate to solve problems, enable features and increase efficiency by building new shared services, systems, and tooling.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing new infrastructure on AWS and Kubernetes that is secure, reliable, and scalable
- Coding up new capabilities for the systems that power our computer vision platform
- Increasing efficiency across engineering with better libraries, tooling and automation
- Applying modern best practices such as infrastructure-as-code and observability
How you’ll be doing it
- You’ll be working with modern technologies like Python, Tensorflow, Kubernetes, Helm, CircleCI, and Prometheus
- You’ll be part of a world-class, multidisciplinary engineering team, where each member identifies and prioritizes valuable and interesting new features to work on
- You will operate in a collaborative but highly autonomous environment that isn’t bogged down by unnecessary meetings or project management
- You will know that almost everything you build affects real-world users, and you will set the quality standards for your work appropriately
- You will work collaboratively alongside software and computer vision experts to deploy new infrastructure solutions empowering Matroid features and capabilities
- You will learn a lot along the way, diving into new technologies and the world of computer vision both on your own and during frequent company tech talks.
What you bring to the table
- Enthusiasm for working on infrastructure and backend systems
- Strong Python coding skills
- Experience with Linux, and some of: Kubernetes, AWS, Docker, Helm
- Bachelors in CS or equivalent
- 2+ years experience developing software
Bonus points if...
- Work experience as a software engineer in backend infrastructure
- Experience with: Kafka, Redis, gRPC, Prometheus, CircleCI, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Nginx
- Experience with DevOps, SRE and/or InfoSec
- Familiarity with machine learning technologies, concepts and operation
Please note - this role is not remote. You’ll be working onsite in a hybrid model at their new downtown Palo Alto office.