My client is a well-funded, profitable, AI startup, funded by some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capitalists who were early investors in Tesla, SpaceX, Slack, and Twitter. Additionally, they are backed by legendary angel investor David Cheriton.
They use proprietary technologies for speech recognition, speaker separation, speaker ID, and keyword/topic extraction, to build the market-leading Voice Notes app. They just signed a major partnership with Zoom to transcribe complete zoom meetings of up to 20 people, instantly, seamlessly.
I am looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help bring the product to more people and manage scalability.
What You'll Do:
- Help lead the development, deployment, and management of the web services and related infrastructure
- Write clean, maintainable, and reusable code that adheres to code standards
- Validate /test for cross-browser/platform/device compatibility
- Research solutions
- Participate in code standards and lead code reviews
What You'll Bring:
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or EE) from a top school, or have substantial production server experience (or equivalent)
- At least 4+ years of experience in developing/architecting large scale systems
- Hands-on coding and development in Python and C++
- Strong proficiency in building business logic with Web Frameworks such as Django and MySQL
- Experience with platforms such as Nginx, Kafka, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, and big data platforms
- Familiar with DevOps platforms such as Ansible, Salt, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS
- Strong ability to write and debug code that is reusable, testable and efficient
- Follow best practices in DevOps to automate code deployment and continuous integration
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers in design, product management, technology, and engineering to respond to requirements and diagnose problems
- Very competitive base salary + Strong Cash Bonus
- Sizeable equity in the company
- Awesome company culture w/ world-class Engineers to work with