My client is a unique FinTech startup that's brought in more than 400,000 users in under 6 months, growing on average on 50% month-over-month. Led by increased revenue and an $11m Series A, they have just closed their B round to propel growth into the millions of users.
They have created a new kind of spending experience; one that rewards you for spending what you have, actively encourages you to avoid overspending, and never charges interest or hidden fees. This is a rare opportunity to deliver transparency and shake up the world of consumer payments.
What You'll Do:
- Work to ensure our core financial infrastructure and integrations with key vendors are stable and reliable — our card issuer/processor, card printer, Plaid, etc
- Build scalable infrastructure that can handle very large amounts of data with low latency
- Support testing processes and troubleshooting issues
- Add to their infrastructure capabilities
- 3+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer with at least 2 of them using Node.js as a server-side language
- A creative approach to balancing moving quickly and cautiously by testing software before shipping — given the sensitive nature of the product we need to ensure security at all times
- Actually care about building a consumer product that has thoughtful and intuitive design across the stack — from mobile app UI to the database architecture
- Previous experience scaling backend systems at a small start-up - preferred
- Passion for cloud native applications
- Strong experience w/ AWS, and, ideally GraphQL, and postgreSQL
- GraphQL (Apollo)
- AWS (ECS, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, etc)
- React Native (TypeScript)
- Jest testing framework
- Opportunity to be a part of a brand that is creating a new standard of financial services and entering the ground floor of a fast-growing, mission-driven company
- Base to $210k, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance)
- Full access to the card itself, including staff monthly bonuses and credit
Due to sensitive information trading hands, visa transfers are not available for this. This may change, so if you need a visa, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org