Intelletect is hiring for a Start-up located near the Mission District in Downtown SF. They developed an online platform that enables its users to design digital picture frames. Our Client is hiring an experienced Python engineer to join their team.
You will work directly with the CTO, Chief Scientist, and other senior engineers to identify, prioritize, and execute on the most impactful projects for the company.
They use Python to operate our data science stack in AWS. We utilize Caffe, Dlib, PyTorch and OpenCV to build our systems. They have a fleet of p2.xlarge instances that scales in real-time with user engagement. Their product-facing JSON API is built in Ruby on Rails, which forwards requests to the Python services using SQS.
Our backend systems power a network of thousands of picture frames across the world to deliver cherished family photos - the right photo at the right time. We apply state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning technology to thousands of photos every day to automatically sort and curate our users' libraries. We have experienced 300% year-over-year growth, and the scale of our network will continue to grow in the future. There is a seemingly endless supply of challenging new problems - new scale, new technologies, and innovative new product features.
An ideally qualified candidate will have many or all of the following:
- 3+ years experience with Python
- Experience with cloud-based DevOps in AWS
- Experience or desire to learn about ML and other data science technologies, including:
- ML frameworks including Caffe, Dlib, PyTorch
- Computer vision frameworks including OpenCV
- Experience with or a desire to learn about Ruby on Rails
- A desire to help identify and prioritize problems and opportunities within the technology stack
- Willingness to work with mobile and web application developers to solve problems and build features in internal APIs
- A data, logging, and instrumentation-based mindset to triage and problem solving
PERKS & BENEFITS
They believe in creating a happy and supportive work environment, so you can both excel at your job and actually enjoy coming into work each day. They have offices in New York City and San Francisco. In addition to all of the snacks your heart desires, we offer the following perks to all full-time employees:
- Competitive compensation + equity
- Unlimited vacation
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Daily lunch & coffee
- Career development budget
- Cross-country travel
- Offsites & happy hours