Intelletec have partnered with a Data driven luxury retail platform HQ'd in London that are growing their NYC team. They have gone from 500 global employees to circa 2000 people in recent years.
They rely heavily on insights gained from data to guide feature development and on metrics to detect new areas of improvement. This position will contribute to the engineering of the next-generation data science products and interfaces that connect their Machine Learning technology to the vast ecosystem of internal applications. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a startup environment and will bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work.
What you’ll do:
- You will collaboratively design, build, and maintain Python microservices in our multi-cloud data platform.
- You will collaborate with Data Scientists, Big Data, Software Engineers, Tech Ops, and Release Engineers to deliver efficient data products.
- You will provide creative ideas to improve our product and technology.
- You will assist Data Scientists in maintaining the health of production systems.
- You will design and develop scalable and performance oriented services with strong emphasis in algorithmic design and scalability.
- You will work with the Big Data team to develop and maintain large-scale Data Science services.
Who you are:
- You are experienced with 3-6 years in a software engineer role.
- You are a Bachelor’s degree- and/or Master’s degree-holder in Computer Science with strong algorithms, data structures and coding background.
- You are proficient in Python and experienced in the creation of services using frameworks like Flask/Django.
- You are experience in the scientific stack (numpy, scipy, sklearn, pandas).
- You are disciplined in approach to testing and QA (TDD/BDD, code review, documentation).
- You are experienced in distributed systems, service oriented architectures, design and implementation of high throughput, low latency applications.
- You are experienced in containerization tools like Docker and configuration management tools like Ansible.
- You are experienced building and scaling batch/asynchronous systems. Airflow/Luigi/Celery/RabbitMQ.
- You have solid knowledge of the whole stack: front-end, back-end, databases, cache layer, HTTP protocol, TCP/IP, Linux, CPU architecture, etc.
- You have a solid understanding of the pros and cons of SQL/NoSQL.
- You have experience in designing large scale systems that take advantage of Big Data technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Hive, BigQuery, etc. (a plus).