Our client is a Series A data company with over $20 million in funding based in San Francisco. Their CEO/Founder sold his last company for over $400 million, due to rapid growth they are expanding their engineering team. The company is growing fast with over $10M ARR and is currently profitable.
The company is based in San Francisco but about 50% of the team is remote (all in the U.S.). They get the entire company together in the same place every month.
- Care deeply about democratizing access to data.
- Passionate about big data and are excited by seemingly-impossible challenges.
- At least 80% of people who have worked with you put you in the top 10% of the people they have worked with.
- You think life is too short to work with B-players.
- You are entrepreneurial and want to work in a super fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
- You have at least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency writing production-quality code, preferably in Scala, Java, or Python.
- Strong familiarity with map/reduces programming models.
- Deep understanding of all things “database” - schema design, optimization, scalability, etc.
- You are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You are amazingly entrepreneurial.
- You want to help build a massive company.
Nice to haves:
- Experience using Apache Spark to solve production-scale problems.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with building ML models from the ground up.
- Experience working with huge data sets.
- Python, Database and Systems Design, Scala, Data Science, Apache Spark, Hadoop MapReduce