Senior Software Engineer | Series B Start-up | SF
Our client have just secured their series B round funding ($20m!) and are entering an exciting phase of growth. Their mission is to democratize job opportunitites, no matter which school you attended. They are offering a network of over 60 universities, 200,000 students and over 250,000 job opportunities! They are in search of ambitious and innovative engineers to join their expert team!
They're focused on innovation within the core experience for students, employers, and universities, constantly improving their technical foundation and user experience. Your job may include:
- Working with the Product Team and Designers to build an engaging and viral student experience on both mobile and web for over 3 million of students across the country.
- Working on one or more of the three sides of our marketplace to build high-value, robust premium features for companies ranging from Fortune 500 to Mom-and-Pop companies.
- Developing and deploying large-scale web applications safely and reliably.
Solving challenging and unique problems with our dynamic three-sided marketplace: Students, Employers, and School Administrators.
What they look for
- You prefer taking projects from inception to completion and are outcome oriented.
- You have 3+ years experience in building consumer-facing web applications in a dynamic development environment.
- You love to build high-quality web products.
- You have experience working in distributed, performant, at-scale backend systems.
- You are interested in the 'Full Stack' but have passion and knowledge in one or more areas of the web stack.
- You appreciate good design and friendly user-experiences.
- You are proud of your craft, and enjoy and value clean code that scales to keep large teams productive.
Technologies you'll work with
- Ruby on Rails
- React, TypeScript, Webpack, Redux
- Kubernetes, GCP, PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch