You will be working to constantly improve the experience for both employees (mobile app) and employers (internal portal). The technology stack is a backend of AWS + Python + Postgres and frontend mix of vue.js, react, typescript, styled components, Cordova, Fastlane, and jQuery but experience with those particular technologies is not required.
You should; however, have a proven track-record of shipping web and mobile applications.
You should also be comfortable integrating with various 3rd party APIs both to facilitate financial transactions via financial service providers and integrating with payroll systems to extract employee and payroll data.
- Build and design APIs to be used as primitive building blocks for our ever-growing financial services product suite
- Help design and develop the front-end user experience as well as implement new features inside the Wagestream mobile app and web based Partner Portal
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving the performance, reliability and scalability of our systems and services.
- Contribute to the broader engineering team (best practices, tools, technologies)
- Be involved in defining and implementing an expanding roadmap
- (But if you’re close… that’s still a conversation we would like to have!)
- Deep experience with the AWS stack including SQS, S3, SES, Lambdas, API Gateway, etc
- Mastery of at least one modern web/mobile framework. This could be React, Angular, Vue, or something else, but the point is you must be comfortable switching frameworks and picking the right tool for the job.
- You look at the full picture to understand the value and impact of what you are building by talking to customers (internal, external)
- We're not expecting you to be a graphic designer, but you should have an eye for aesthetics and feel comfortable designing some UI/UX yourself
- Strong analytical ability and debugging skills
- You thrive when given broad objectives with minimal supervision, can make decisions, work autonomously and enjoy a fast paced “startup” like environment
- Prior experience with financial services, banking or payments is a plus
- What will we do for you?
- We truly believe we have a great benefits offering here in the team, & we have tried to highlight everything here - if there is something you think we need to add - let us know!
- We will pay you what you're worth. We are fully committed to closing the gender pay gap, promoting diversity and inclusivity, and paying people what they deserve to be paid.
- We're a Remote First business - work from home or our Saratoga (NY) office - you choose! We have team members across the East Coast time zone, from Michigan to New York City to Texas - we place an emphasis on finding the right people in any location, not any people in the right location.
- We will help you manage your busy lifestyle with flexible working opportunities, most of the team work "core hours" to allow touchpoints with your team, but we also make sure you have the time to pick the kids up at 3pm, or go for that mid-morning run to boost your productivity. We want you to have the best of both worlds.
- We offer 15 days annual leave in addition to national holidays, as well as flexible time off allowances for any ad-hoc childcare/family/caring needs, and 5 days fully paid sick leave.
- All our USA employees are eligible to join our Private Healthcare Scheme with Aetna.
- We will support you with your career endeavours. We are committed to internal progression, and offering our team members the best opportunities for growth. We want to invest in you the same way you're going to invest in us!
- We want everyone to achieve "zen mastery" with a free subscription to Calm — work can be stressful (we know!) and we want to help you switch off
- And the best benefit of all... Free access to our service - naturally!