Our client is aiming to bring the best in consumer tech to revolutionize an antiquated restaurant industry - streamlining, optimizing, and overall improving the customer experience at restaurants around the globe. Their industry leading front-of-house restaurant solutions integrate seamlessly with existing technology at site to increase KPIs and drive growth. They’re expanding quickly and constantly adding new functionality, incorporating cutting edge technology that improves the dining and drive-thru experience.
Good reference for what they are looking for: https://medium.com/swlh/technical-product-manager-vs-technical-program-manager-c206bfceb76f
The TPM is responsible for facilitating product & engineering teams to deliver values to their customers, removing roadblocks and driving the tactical day-to-day delivery process. This role will work directly with Agile software development teams, and requires experience developing and strengthening Agile mindsets within a rapidly growing engineering team.
- Primary focus is on driving the tactical day-to-day product delivery process, including removing impediments that kill productivity or block the team’s progress.
- Facilitate Scrum events: Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Daily Standups, etc.
- Continually refine and evolve Agile processes with a goal of predictable software delivery.
- Protect the team from distractions and partner with Engineering Manager and Product Manager to remove impediments.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers to prioritize a shared backlog to ensure agreed upon backlog items are prioritized, developed and released.
- Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Coordinate with other Project & Program managers, engineering, and product leads to identify and manage cross-team dependencies.
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional teams by task assignment and follow-up to ensure on-time completion.
- Own and maintain jira dashboards/workflows to keep the scrum team updated.
- Facilitate all required metrics (burndowns, committed vs. completed, unplanned issues, velocity, etc).
- Communicate regularly with broader teams (stakeholders) about progress, issues/risks etc.
- Promote continuous improvement and protect culture of innovation.
- Bachelor/Master degree in any technical field preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in leading complex, cross-functional, global programs in SaaS based products.
- Proficient using Atlassian Toolset: Jira, Confluence, Portfolio/Advanced Reporting, etc.
- You are the Agile Champion and capable of leading multiple scrum teams through agile processes.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Strong technical background, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges across wide-ranging audiences, including facilitating technical design discussions.
- Amazing interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills and confident in working with executive team members.
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity in a rapidly growing and changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and run effective meetings, documenting meeting minutes & action items.