We’re exclusively partnered with a fresh web-based communication platform startup. They’re building technologies that bring teams, friends, and communities together in a personal, shareable, and flexible way.
In this remote/virtual world we live in, they’re creating a sense of closeness even when we’re worlds away!
I am looking for a creative Senior Web UI Engineer with experience building intuitive & impressive web UIs while ensuring a seamless user experience.
Who You Are
- You've built interesting, unique, and intuitive user interfaces on web. You know how to diagnose difficult performance issues and optimize performance ruthlessly. We use the DOM and Canvas for rendering, but are open to exploring other technologies like WebGL.
- You are a well-rounded engineer who can understand how complex end-to-end systems work.
- You care deeply about the user. You want to blow their mind.
- You’re a decisive builder, a shipper, and a craftsperson.
- You move fast and work hard.
- You’re comfortable working in a problem space with a lot of uncharted territory.
- You do the right thing.
- You are opinionated but open, you want the best idea to win.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll be working on Here's core UI, improving the in-room experience. Your work will span everything from drawing and manipulation tools, to pushing video rendering performance to its limits, to designing and building reusable components for extending Here in flexible ways.
- You have the opportunity (requirement) to continually learn, teach, and step outside your comfort zone.
- You will work closely with an experienced founding team and get exposed to the early days and decisions that will make a startup successful.
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end execution of projects - from conception, through implementation, and measurement - that change the trajectory of Here.
- As they grow, your role will grow.