I am currently partnered with a rapidly growing team that is making huge strides in modernizing restaurant technologies through the use of Machine Learning and AI. This is a small, scrappy team that is well funded and backed by enterprise-exclusive customer accounts. Founded in 2008 out of MIT and now based in Silicon Valley, they are dramatically transforming an age-old industry with its complete Front-of-House technology platform for restaurant operators. Their FOH platform helps restaurants succeed by delivering critical operating insights, maximizing staff productivity and improving the guest experience. They are working with 10 out of the top 20 restaurant chains in the US, including Applebee’s and Outback Steakhouse.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Maintaining and operating infrastructure, as well as writing applications.
Skills and Experiences:
- Experience with version control such as Git/Gitlab.
- Python, React, GraphQL
- Experience designing large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience building scalable systems using tools designed to deal with infrastructure as code
- BS/MS in equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience in software design, including debugging, performance analysis, and testing designs.
- 5+ years of experience in building large scale data infrastructure and pipelines