Our client believes that everyone should have access to professional legal advice. So, they’ve built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas and more. From Estate Planning, to Business Formations to IP, they've helped more than four million customers, providing the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, they’ve grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and they’re committed to making their services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before.
Hiring Locations: San Mateo, CA | Austin, TX | Los Angeles (Glendale), CA
They’re looking for a Software Engineer who is a self-starter and can learn quickly. Your job will be to help rollout new software systems by inserting directly into execution teams in order to spread and evangelize the latest and greatest technologies.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in software design, developing and managing the delivery of highly-scalable, micro-services driven cloud based systems, leveraging a combination of front end and backend technologies running in containers.
The Fronted Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building out full stack solutions related to the content and marketing of the website. This includes working with CMS systems as well as understanding related marketing systems that help the company track user traffic and behavior.
This role will report into the Director, Software Engineering
Duties And Responsibilities
- Build and maintain dynamic marketing platforms for a variety of use cases.
- Deliver solutions around content management
- Run various experiments to support the marketing of our web experiences
- Develop solutions that are SEO friendly and work on all devices in all browsers at all sizes.
- Implement lead submission forms that integrate with Salesforce
- Work with analytics teams to support ongoing analysis of business performance required to inform marketing decisions on a day-to-day basis
- Enhance and support the marketing technology stack used
- Develop a deep understanding of the system, write technical specifications, enforce coding standards
- Contribute in software builds, deployment strategies, code reviews and software recommendations
- Support the daily operations of the IT/Tech department
- Take part in agile ceremonies to estimate and execute programming projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- A strong generalist who is able to operate across a variety of disciplines.
- 2+ years of hands-on PHP, Python, or Node.js development
- Prior experience dealing with SEO operations
- An ability to operate independently and deal with ambiguity.
- Proficiency with industry-standard digital marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Heap, or Amplitude.
- Experience with tag management systems such as tealium or google tag manager
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- 2+ years of experience developing queries using SQL
- Strong understanding and background of source control tools (GIT)
- Previous experience working in an agile environment
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Worked with CMS systems such as Drupal 8, Wordpress, Contentstack, or Contentful
- Experience running A/B tests using Google Optimize or Optimizely
- Akamai/CDN experience, specifically routing and caching
- 2+ years of experience with SPA technologies such as angular, react, or Vue.js
- Hands on experience writing tests using automation frameworks (Jasmine, Karma, Cypress, Jest etc.)