My client is building a universal API for commerce platforms.
Similar to the financial market before Plaid, the e-commerce market is split across hundreds of platforms, such as Shopify, Squarespace, Amazon, and others. Each of these platforms has its own app store or its equivalent, and the enterprising e-commerce developer must spend thousands of hours building integrations in order to access the entire e-commerce market.
This company is an integration layer letting any e-commerce tool build one integration to access any storefront or marketplace. They do this by providing an abstract schema representing products, orders, and customers. With its support for 20 platforms and growing, they cut integration time down from 4 years to 2 weeks, helping e-commerce developers get to market faster and build world-class companies.
By joining, you'll receive a competitive salary and a meaningful equity stake in a product that is loved by customers, making money, and experiencing hyper-growth.
This unique company wants to enable new e-commerce experiences. They’ve seen an explosion of new software tools being built for merchants, and they know from experience building these tools that it is too hard to integrate with existing e-commerce platforms.
Today, the average e-commerce merchant uses 15-20 tools on top of their e-commerce platform of choice, from shipping software to marketing automation to generating returns and warranties. By making it easier to build these tools, they will be at the center of a growing, massive market and aid the creation of new e-commerce tools and experiences.
- Build out new features and products to help our customers deliver best-in-class e-commerce technology
- Work directly with customers in both sales and support roles so you can help drive the product vision of the company
- Create tools that help the Rutter team move as quickly as possible
You'll help shape:
- Our future company culture
- Our engineering practices
- People that we hire
- The direction & focus of our products
Skills and experience:
- 1+ years of software engineering experience
- You're excited about building for other engineers and working directly with customers
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Typescript, Node, React, and Postgres. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than your understanding of a particular language or framework
- Experience working and scaling API products