This dog-friendly company was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care. They’re starting by radically improving the $90 billion pet food industry, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed mystery pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food directly to customers’ doors. Their ultimate goal is to create innovative, delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and they believe their direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, they have delivered over 200 million meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join as they continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
I am looking for a Software Engineer to help them build their subscription based e-commerce business from the ground up. Their aim is to offer a magnificent subscription experience through timely production, customized products and outstanding customer support.
Their architecture is based around a NodeJS API that’s hosted on AWS. They have two web applications that collaborate with it: 1) the consumer facing website that has content pages, checkout flow, and end-user subscription management and 2) the back-office tool that the fulfillment and customer support team uses for reporting, customer management, and sophisticated subscription options.
Both front-end application are written in Redux and React. Additionally, they have a number of microservices to handle webhooks and long running jobs like generating customized booklets and handling shipment tracking events.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Minimizing customer support tickets by adding more features on the Customer Portal
- Adding a mixing plan option to checkout flow through which a customer could set a price and receive a plan that facilitates supplementing their current food with ours
- Crafting a referral management section in the Customer Portal
- Simplifying the process of modifying an order once it has been billed and supporting partial refunds and billings
- Building highly interactive content pages
- Writing tests with Mocha, Jest, TestCafe
We're Excited About You Because
- You should have at least 3+ years of hands-on Software Engineering experience.
- We take pride in writing software the right way. That means peer reviews, ample time to refactor code, and write tests.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug