I am partnered with a leading, unique FinTech startup that is disrupting the debit card space. Bringing in more than 300,000 customers in < 6 months, they just announced a $46.5m Series B led by Peter Thiel's Valar Ventures.
Got an expensive credit card? You should ditch it all together! When you open an account, you can top it up with another debit card or set up direct deposits with your employer, meaning you can never go over, get into debt, or pay heft interest fees - All costing less than a typical credit card, but with EVEN MORE benefits!
Two free ATM withdrawals per month + Zero foreign transaction fees + Travel and car rental insurance + Trip cancelation, baggage, and disruption coverage
Users earn points with every purchase, up to 20 points ($0.20c) per dollar! Currently, you get 5x points on supermarkets, subscriptions, such as Spotify and Netflix, 3x points on food deliveries and ridesharing, and 1x points on everything else - All using a beautifully user-friendly app; it also works with Apple Pay and Google Pay.
What You'll Do:
- Work to ensure the core financial infrastructure and integrations with key vendors are stable and reliable — the card issuer/processor, card printer, Plaid, etc
- Build scalable infrastructure that can handle very large amounts of data with low latency
- Support testing processes and troubleshooting issues
- Add to their infrastructure capabilities
- 3+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer
- A creative approach to balancing moving quickly and cautiously by testing software before shipping — given the sensitive nature of the product we need to ensure security at all times
- Actually care about building a consumer product that has thoughtful and intuitive design across the stack — from mobile app UI to the database architecture
- Previous experience scaling backend systems at a small start-up - preferred
- Passion for cloud-native applications
- Strong experience w/ AWS, and, ideally GraphQL, and PostgreSQL
- Base to $225k, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance)
- Full access to the card itself, including staff monthly bonuses and credit