A post-seed health analytics startup, is looking for an experienced engineer to help build the infrastructure necessary to power data-driven insights for physicians to help them provide more effective and efficient care.
The Company is focused on improving healthcare quality which can affect humanity on a global scale and they are backed by leading healthtech VCs and have strong traction among some of the nation’s most advanced hospitals.
The team, comprise physicians, data scientists, economists, and health technologists that are committed to high-value care.
ROLE / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take ownership of several functional areas, driving them forward with personal contributions and leadership
- The ideal candidate has an architectural mindset, can evaluate system-wide platform decisions, and help set long-term company-wide technical strategy.
- A mentor to others, and are capable of assessing and making difficult tradeoffs.
- They are comfortable working in multiple languages at any given time, interested in doing deep research to choose the best tool for the job, and comfortable stepping into new challenges as diverse as managing a hospital security review or working directly with customers on data integrations.
- They are ready to be a leader in the organization and will be instrumental in the growth of both product and team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Data management experience - moving large quantities of data through a multi-stage pipeline
- Python w/ TDD & CI
- SQL experience, PostgreSQL, Redshift, MS-SQL
- Dev Ops - Familiarity with basic software infrastructure, including AWS and container management (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Security - Understand the principles of securing and managing sensitive data; background with HIPAA or other protected data a plus
- Communication - Able to effectively communicate technology strategy to the executive team and across roles within the company.
- Ownership - Proven track record of reliably delivering high-quality results without supervision, both individually and as a team