Our client is at the forefront of helping business empower their staff and maximize productivity through their business planning cloud.
With business continuously expanding and client demands rising they are looking for a new Software Support Engineer to join their team!
Based in Reading
- Works, manages, and prioritizes a queue of tickets escalated by the level 1 and 2 support specialists.
- Triages and analyses tickets with a moderate scope of complexity to find workarounds and solutions.
- Reports bugs and escalates difficult to solve/obscure issues to the development team for assistance/guidance.
- Provides mitigation solutions for the Products by analyzing logs, understanding the application functionality via the user interface and analyzing the code to better characterize customer issues and determine workarounds.
- Interacts with Customers (both external and internal) via phone, email, and/or screen sharing tool to collect information and communicate workarounds and solutions in a way that non-technical users can understand.
- Responsible for meeting individual goals and KPI related to processing tickets and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or a related field, 1+ years of experience in the job offered, a System Engineer or a related software development occupation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, empathetic, team player who is responsive to customer needs and customers concerns and passionate about problem-solving and helping others
- 1+ years’ experience working with C# .NET framework
- Experience mitigating/debugging web applications
- Familiarity with Oracle database and conversant in writing SQL queries
Salary up to £40,000 DOE