A London borough are transforming its IT structure to introduce agile methodology, whilst making sure business as usual and on-going delivery is provided at its current excellent level.
This is a good time to get involved with the project and they are looking for a Solution Design Manager to help manage and drive the development of the project.
- Drive the development of the overall technical designs,
- Ensure system solutions effectively deliver the functionality and performance
- Drive good design principles and practices.
- You will design, plan, direct, coordinate and manage all solution analysis and design activities as well as provide expert advice to the senior leadership within the Council.
Skills and Experience
- Experience and senior level (SFIA level 6)
- Extensive experience in infrastructure, application and data domains as well as solution development methods and best practices
- Significant experience and understanding of the architecture and how systems work together with demonstrable experience at senior level
- Expert in coding and understanding of the technical detail in different technologies; will have managed large designs
- Significant experience in Agile / Scrum methodology
- Experience effectively implementing change