My client is a growing and exciting E-commerce startup with $40M in funding to date. They envision a world where international e-commerce growth is both simple and profitable for retailers. By connecting people with brands worldwide, my client creates a boundless e-commerce world in which selling globally is as simple as selling locally. As the chosen partner of hundreds of global brands and retailers across Europe, the USA and Asia, they are the leading provider of comprehensive cross-border e-commerce solutions. Due to continued growth and expansion, they are looking for a Solution Engineer in London.
The Solution Engineer will work hand-in-hand with the Sales team to introduce & implement the company's solution to its prospective customers. The goal, as a team, will be to build a strong business justification to the end-user, while ensuring that the given annual quota is met/exceeded.
Role and Responsibilities: The Solution Engineer will focus on the following business;
- Help prospect customers understand the power and flexibility of the company platform, explaining technical features and problem-solving any potential roadblocks
- Act as the Project and R&D’s team’s mediator by thoroughly documenting feedbacks, inputs and requests that are raised during client meetings
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments
- Travel to sales meetings and technological workshops at customer sites; attend professional conferences etc. as required
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing “best practice” advice to customers to optimize the integrated platform effectiveness
Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver a technical pitch
- BA/BS/Master degree in Computer Science or another technical field
- At least 3 years’ experience in architecting and integrating software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed web systems. Hands-on development is a plus
- Deep understanding of systems integration concepts and RESTful services
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales or solutions engineer in a customer-facing role – big advantage
- Market Competitive, plus bonus
- Office-based, with frequent travel UK & EMEA