One of the clients we're recruiting for has raised a $213.3M Fintech startup and is looking to continue building out its engineering team by hiring a Senior Backend Engineer. Here are some more details:
Our client is a Fintech startup that has created the first-ever rewards program that allows renters to earn points on rent and builds a path towards homeownership. They have partnerships with the nation’s largest real estate owners, they enable renters in more than two million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Our client also partnered with Mastercard and Wells Fargo to create this platform - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees. In September 2021, our client announced a $60 million growth round valuing the company at $350 million- AND that was just valued at $1.5B in 2022!
- Join a renowned team that is transforming the future of renting. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and documenting the back-end services for the mobile app and website while coaching and mentoring junior resources and collaborating with other team members and stakeholders.
- Investigate and utilize Google Cloud Platform services to continuously improve application architecture
- Implement micro services using Java and Quarkus framework
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs related to payments, banking, loyalty, commerce and property management
- Propose and enhance automation initiatives related to infrastructure as code, CI/CD, monitoring and alerting
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well-designed, testable and efficient code
- Ability to work Hybrid out of NYC!
- 3+ years of working experience
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Demonstrable experience in Java development, REST, API security standards, Google Cloud Platform
- Great interpersonal skills and a team player
- Knowledge of the start-up world preferred
- Flexibility - we are disrupting an industry so changes to traditional processes should be expected
Compensation: $180-250k base salary + equity [depending on experience]