In this role the Sr Data Analytics Analyst will be a critical role for the organization, reporting directly into the VP of Risk Analytics & Data Science as well as the Chief Data & Analytics Officer. You will be tasked with delivering trusted analytics to drive the business forward. If you are a business-oriented, collaborative, high-energy data analyst who is passionate about working with business partners and bringing transparency into the data across the organization read on!
Leveraging cutting-edge data science, technology, partner relations, and customer support to provide business owners with accelerated access to right-sized capital solutions. From working capital loans and merchant cash advances to lines of credit and business expansion loans, they offer a suite of financing products that can accommodate nearly any stage of business development or credit profile.
Founded in 2010 with offices in Michigan, New York, and Arizona, they have provided access to over $1 billion to more than 20,000 small businesses nationwide. On top of being nominated as one of Crain’s 50 fastest growing companies in New York and making several appearances on the Inc. 500 list.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with the business to execute on identified opportunities by performing exploratory data analyses (EDAs), generating, and testing working hypotheses, preparing, and analyzing historical data and identifying patterns to drive revenue and cost savings.
- Employ historical data/insights to make informed estimates in helping determine the direction of future trends for the business.
- Effectively lead/manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines within a collaborative environment.
- Effectively guide 1 to 2 domestic and/or off-shore individual contributors.
- Support the efforts of VP of Risk Analytics & Data Science and the Chief Data and Analytics Officer to ensure our data and analyses are trusted by helping to champion high standards, transparency, and regular communication with the business.
- Keep up with the latest trends in advanced analytics.
- Explore and test additional/new data sources that may add value.
Who You Are:
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, statistics, or physics.
• 3+ years of experience as a data analyst/scientist in industry.
• Working knowledge of Python, SQL and Microsoft Office tools.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proven presentation skills. Ability to relay information to senior management in a succinct, insightful way.
What Makes You Special:
• Masters Degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, statistics, or physics.
• Experience in Banking or risk management.
• Experience in developing Machine Learning and AI solutions