Intelletec has partnered with one of the leading providers of small business loans within the United States. Since 2008, they have supported over 25k businesses across the United States, with over $2b in the capital used to support a variety of functions.
They are searching for a Sr. Statistical Modeler to help build this organization's next-generation models. You will provide end-to-end support for these models, working with key organizational stakeholders and IT leaders.
- Utilize advanced mathematical, statistical, and analytical expertise to research, collect, analyze, and interpret large datasets from internal and external sources to provide insight and develop data-driven solutions across the company.
- Responsible for the development of advanced analytical solutions and strategies through all aspects of the model development and implementation lifecycle as well as ongoing monitoring and enhancement of the models
- Build and test predictive models including but not limited to credit risk, fraud, response, and offer acceptance propensity
- Responsible for the development, testing, validation, tracking, and performance enhancement of statistical models leading to new innovative origination strategies within marketing, sales, finance, and underwriting
- Leverage advanced analytics to develop innovative portfolio surveillance solutions to track and forecast loan losses that influence key business decisions related to pricing optimization, credit policy, and overall profitability strategy
- Present modeling and data analysis to management and other business partners
- M.S. degree or higher in Statistics, Math, Data Science, Computer Science, or equivalent quantitative field
- Extensive experience building predictive models (including linear and logistic regression, decision trees, random forest, and gradient boosting) in R, Python, or SAS
- 5-10 years of statistical modeling experience within the financial services industry
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience working with databases
- Proven ability to aggregate, extract, validate, and analyze large datasets using complex SQL queries
- Advanced level of MS Excel skills, including advanced formulas, VBA, macros, and data tables
- In depth understanding of data collection, data flow management, data manipulation, data archiving and data standards