We are partnered with one of the leaders in high-end sporting apparel and footwear in finding the cream of the crop talent to build out their existing (and growing) supply chain optimization teams.
Who we are looking for
A Data Scientist to join the Advanced Analytics team within Commercial Analytics. This role will be part of a multi-functional agile squad responsible for using predictive analytics to forecast consumer demand, enhance decision making and drive to action against our strategic priorities.
While you are grounded in good working knowledge of data science methods and production level implementations, you know how to rise above the numbers and explain the essential insights to users at all levels. You understand the tradeoffs between modeling techniques and always consider the business requirements and data limitations when developing data science models. You ask good questions, are continually learning, and can effectively interact with and influence your colleagues and partners. You thrive when surrounded by hardworking colleagues and enjoy a collaborative and academic environment where we continuously develop and share new skills.
What you will work on
If this is you, you will be part of the Advanced Analytics, In Season Optimization squad. Delivering scalable solutions to power data driven automated decision making on a variety of problems, such as pricing, product allocation and other related key business decisions. Specifically, you will:
- Collaborate with other squad members to develop new sophisticated algorithms and improve existing approaches based on statistical/econometric methods, machine learning techniques and big data solutions to forecast consumer demand and determine optimal level of investment in various stages of the supply chain.
- Apply analytics methods to acquire, explore, cleanse, and fuse data from different sources.
- Develop, review and maintain production grade code to support consumers of models’ output.
- Contribute to building, scoring, deploying, monitoring, updating and promoting Nike’s central forecasting platform.
- Facilitate the planning, scheduling and value measurement of the work to meet timeline targets and success criteria.
- Support the adoption of analytic products through effective storytelling and collaboration with key partners.
- Participate in a continuous learning environment within the advanced analytics community through persistent development of new skills and sharing of knowledge through mentorships and contributions to the open source community.
What you bring
- Advanced quantitative degree (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related field) and at least 3 years of relevant industry experience or Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of data science methods, machine learning algorithms and production level programming principles.
- Solid skills in programming languages (particularly Python, Pandas and SQL) and ability to apply them for data acquisition and preprocessing, model developing, as well as building and maintaining production grade prediction model endpoints.
- Experience in building, training, scoring, tuning and maintaining predictive models in production at enterprise scale
- Familiarity with the Agile development process