Our Client is an intelligent calendar system that frees up your time so you can work on what matters. They want to help people escape the chaos of work and find their focus. As the world's first company powering time, their product creates, detects, protects and negotiates Focus Time to help individuals and teams anywhere in the world be more productive at work.
They are looking to hire a Princiapl or Staff Engineer to join our growing engineering team. We value engineers who build for the end user, find fun in difficult problems, sweat the details, and love pushing code. They're a humble, fast-moving, and fun team building a consumer-centric culture with empathy, authenticity, focus, drive, curiosity, and enthusiasm.
Their team has decades of experience from places like Twitter, Asana, Salesforce, Atlassian, Dropbox, Palantir and Google.
Founded in 2016 | Series B with $31M in funding + Acquired their Series B during Covid times in Jun 2020 ( I can link you their Crunchbase profile)
What you'll do
- Help guide the engineering vision that delivers the overall experience
- Identify, architect and lead large technical projects across our Back End engineering team
- Advise their leadership team on technological direction and the opportunities and considerations these present to our product roadmap
- Commit, push and review code and mentor both junior and senior engineers
- Anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- Work cross functionality to understand needs across the entire business to help us generate and translate even more user value into revenue
- Increase developer productivity by delivering extensible and clean services, systems, abstractions and APIs
- Provide insights and visibility into the ongoing health of our infrastructure, tuning and optimizing systems to set a world class standard for product delivery
- You have served as a Staff, Principal or Distinguished Engineer within a top tier engineering organization
- You have owned and delivered on a complex technical roadmap with impeccable references from former colleagues
- You have strong experience with data persistence and deploying and maintaining large distributed systems which are both reliable and cost effective
- You are passionate about code quality, engineering practices, developer velocity, testing, and automation
- You can lead technical and architectural discussions, pulling in the best ideas, viewpoints, and feedback from throughout the team that is distilled into a strong direction forward
- You communicate well not only throughout Engineering but can distill and explain technical subjects to everyone across the company
- You have a Bachelor's degree (or beyond) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 10+ years of software development experience
Java, Postgres, Kubernetes, Airflow, Rust, Node, GraphQL and more
Currently working remotely in accordance with San Francisco’s “Stay Home” ordinance.
Our Client is accelerating the comfort & normalcy of remote work for our users as well as our employees. We’ve designed a remote work experience that exemplifies our values-driven culture and velocity by modifying our weekly rituals and adopting new technologies.
Their HQ is in the South of Market neighborhood of San Francisco; 3 minutes from CalTrain & 10 minutes from BART.
What we offer (non-exhaustive)
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity - Fulltime position, NOT Contract
- Premium medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter & wellness stipend
- Daily team lunches, kitchen stocked with snacks
- Company happy hours, social events, and outings
Company Motivations & Culture:
- Empathy - we work to fully understand our customers and teammates, especially when we disagree
- Authenticity - we speak openly and candidly while embracing our teammates’ individuality
- Focus - we spend our time deliberately and don’t wait to do the things that matter
- Drive - we relentlessly pursue success and aren't afraid to get outside our comfort zone
- Curiosity - we seek out opportunities to learn and continuously question how we can improve
- Enthusiasm - we love what we do and are excited to share it with the world