Global Retailer is looking for a Staff, Data Scientist to join their Advanced Analytics team within Commercial Analytics. This role will provide technical leadership in building predictive and prescriptive analytic solutions to support Sourcing and Manufacturing strategies.
Are you an excellent problem solver and have extensive hands-on analytics experience in business analytics, supply chain modeling, and optimization?
This is a great opportunity to work with the Director of Advanced Analytics and serve as a technical leader and collaborate across the organization with business teams in Global Sourcing & Manufacturing, Demand and Supply Management as well as other data, analytics and technology functions.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of production grade data science and operation research models to determine optimal level of factory utilization, capacity, costs, lead times, and reduction of un-planned.
- Help shape analytical platforms and products by identifying foundational data science capabilities and creating reusable analytical components.
- Support the adoption of analytic products through effective storytelling and collaboration with key partners.
- Mentor and coach other team members; continue to expand knowledge of data science/analytics trends.
- Advanced quantitative degree (preferably Operations Research, Management Science, or Industrial with 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of analytical solutions applied to Supply Chain management and optimization
- Highly proficient in optimization tools (such as AIMMS, CPLEX, Gurobi, AnyLogic, and Google OR Tools) and programming languages (particularly Python and SQL).
- Experience in leading the development of simulation, optimization, and what-if scenario planning tools and managing a team through all stages of Data Science/Analytics lifecycle.