Our client is #1 personal finance management software with a 30-year heritage of helping millions of individuals and families stay on top of their finances. We are going through a transformation with a renewed focus on product improvement, growth, and customer satisfaction. They are working on a strategy to deliver awesome personal finance experience to our customers across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and web. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation and creativity while being good to each other and having fun!
They’re looking for an experienced software engineer to be a key contributor developing cloud-based services that will drive the future of the business. You will join our small and dynamic Cloud Services team, using the latest technology and tools to build high-quality, cross-platform solutions that delight our customers.
- Staff Software Engineer is a technical hands-on role, with responsibilities ranging from being at the vanguard of solving technical problems to venturing into unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems.
- Directly responsible for consistently delivering scalable, production-ready back-end/server code in Java for Cloud Services, from design and development to deployment, as a member of an Agile development team.
- Partner closely with a cross-functional team of key stakeholders (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers, QA, Operations, and Business Partners) to design and implement end-to-end solutions that meet user needs as well as engineering/operational/business goals.
- Mentor junior developers using expertise in software development methodology and frameworks, in areas such as quality, security, and scalability.
- Display a passion for high quality, continuous learning, and experimenting and applying cutting-edge technology, software paradigms, and engineering process improvements, while fostering this culture across the team.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, including a successful track record developing customer-facing SaaS/PaaS products.
- 5+ years working experience in core Java and Spring Framework, preferably with Spring Cloud Netflix.
- 3+ years working experience within microservice architecture, specifically utilizing REST services, XML, and JSON.
- Extensive experience in developing applications which are deployed in AWS.
- Excellent understanding of O/R mapping concepts and tools (Hibernate, JPA).
- Strong experience as a leader, driving toward solutions for the short and long-term in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Fluent in Databases/SQL (MySQL experience preferred).
- Excellent programming discipline: data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, and unit testing.
- Excellent knowledge of the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web/mobile applications.
- Team player with a can-do attitude to independently own and drive projects.
- Capable of handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritization and time management abilities.
- Strong experience working with an Agile development team with rapid iterations.
- Ability to work well with others in a geographically distributed team.
- Experience with API development and integration with 3rd-party services is preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Amazing culture, strong believers in Autonomy/Mastery/Purpose
- Customer-driven, we make money by building the best products for our users. No confusion about how to win – build amazing products!
- Ability to work with and manage incredible talent
- Highly recognizable brand