My client are a growing global leader in brand protection & are looking to scale their rapidly expanding engineering team.
Key to the business right now is hiring for a hands-on Linux (Red Hat, Oracle Linux, Gentoo) AppOps Systems Engineer who has real world Linux experience hardening and managing Linux based systems with a working knowledge of Windows OS.
You will be responsible for building, maintaining, and upgrading the production enterprise server environment. Your ability to evaluate, analyze and resolve complex technical problems is key to the success of the role.
You will be an integral part of the System Operations team supporting multiple geographical locations across the Bay Areas.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Managing full AWS lifecycle, provisioning, automation, security
- Administration of Tomcat application server environments and related open source components
- Creating and managing technical documentation for product installation and administration
- Conduct system security audits, including system security checks
- Setup and administration of complex multi-tier computing system environments
- Perform software upgrades, kernel patches, errata patches
- Proficiency using scripting languages such as PERL, BASH, KORN Shell
- 5 years’ experience with Linux/Windows, VMWare, AWS administration;
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or equivalent work experience;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Strong Linux background ( Knowledge of Red Hat, Oracle Linux, Gentoo)and a good understanding of Windows OS with an ability to use most Linux/Windows commands/utilities
- New Relic, Cacti, ELK or Splunk, MSSql, Casandra, Storm, Kafka, Docker
- Familiarity with system administration tools and processes such as booting/shutting down a machine, adding or removing user accounts, using backup programs and fsck, and maintaining system database files (groups, hosts, aliases);
- Apache administration, Tomcat / Jboss;
- Troubleshooting of networking problems (from an OS level);
- Linux Volume Management experience;
- Familiarity with Networking/Security technologies (Ethernet, routers, switches, firewalls, VPN)
- Experience with internet technologies (Apache, DNS, TCP/IP).
This really is a great chance to be involved with of the Bay Area's success stories.