One of the global leaders in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation, are looking to hire a Tax Accountant, to work in their very talented and technical accounting team, reporting into the VP of Tax.
This role, will be working with the new VP of Tax, and in a newly built team that has been formed of the back of both fast growth in business operations, plus recent and upcoming M&A activity.
Overview of the Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare and review income tax workpapers
- Preparation and /or assisting in review of interim and year-end ASC 740 income tax provisions
- Preparation of quarterly estimates and extensions
- Work on process improvement and compliance with SOX and other controls.
- Corresponding with the IRS and various state departments to resolve tax notices
- Maintain the internal tax calendar
- Coordination with external service providers on non-US subsidiaries in LATAM and Canada, including processing payment requests as well as initial review of income and withholding tax calculations
- Prepare, distribute, and monitor income tax packages and information request for worldwide subsidiaries
- Managing the department’s cloud-based file system
- Research tax issues, analyze federal and state laws to interpret how they apply to the company, prepare technical documentation to communicate tax issues
- Prepare quarterly tax account reconciliations
- Perform other special tax projects as assigned
Your Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years applicable experience
- Experience in either a public accounting firm or corporate organization
- Background in tax compliance and reporting, ASC 740 knowledge
- Bachelors in Accounting, CPA and / or MST
- Experience researching and proposing tax issue resolutions
- Experience with tax software, OneSource, checkpoint, CCH
Compensation / Remuneration Structure
- Salary - flexible, and strong against market
- 10% Annual Bonus
- Full Beneift package, including Medical. Dental. Vision Ins. Life Ins.
- Retirement benefits
- Strong Paid Time Off package