We’re working with a venture-backed startup in Toronto looking for a UI / UX Designer to join the team.
Their platform uses AI to help landlords and tenants eliminate the stress of the eviction experience by offering an inclusive credit bureau and tenant screening platform, lease protection insurance, and low-interest pay-day lending (12.5%) to help tenants get back on their feet when life throws those unexpected curveballs.
- Create visual designs based on approved wireframes or sketches and product requirements.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering team to create wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and visual designs.
- Create intuitive interfaces that demonstrate a strong understanding of use cases and user flows.
- Initiate and lead projects to improve the user-experience on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Produce production assets and design specifications for development teams based on approved designs
- Oversee and Approve development team implementation of approved designs
- 3+ years of experience designing user experiences for the web (desktop and mobile)
- A strong online portfolio demonstrating design thinking/process (problem/solution, before/after, research, sitemaps, user-flows, wireframes, prototypes, visual concepts, styleguides)
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as InVision, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, etc.
- Passion for data driven product and design decisions with the ability to give and receive feedback constructively
- Effective communication, problem solving, presentation and adaptability teamwork skills
- Knowledge of UX best practices for applications and cross-platform devices
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, JQuery and how it effects front-end design
- The ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines with attention to detail while maintaining high standards of quality
- BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, related field or equivalent experience