Are you interested in Robotics and AI?
Are you looking to join a company where culture is more than just a buzzword?
We are partnered with a startup who are revolutionising consumer robotics using Artificial Intelligence. They have closed huge funding rounds from leading VCs and Angels and are growing the team across the board! Starting with you? You will help to discover new paths for the industry every day and be embedded into one of the most forward thinking teams in SF.
The User Experience group believes an interactive experience should be logical, intuitive, meaningful, simple, and a fit for those who use it. Understanding of users, of the product being created and of the capabilities of the technology - all are important in creating a successful and compelling result. Given that the robots also function as ‘beings’, an interest in creating character is also vital. Ultimately, as UX designers we are responsible for the happiness of those who use the products.
- Working with the design team to create a best-in-class mobile & physical gaming experience.
- Creating wireframes, user flows, and other design specifications for use by visual design & engineering staff.
- Designing experiences for a variety of user profiles including both adults and children.
- Presenting user interface concepts and design approaches clearly and convincingly.
- Working with other designers to satisfy experience goals through an intuitive UI.
- Solving unprecedented problems within the marriage of the physical with the virtual.
- Creating rapid prototypes (where applicable) to demonstrate and test UI concepts, working with test staff to support robust user testing.
- Increasing user engagement and usage/gameplay statistics.
- 3-5 years of UX Design experience for games, web applications, or other software that
- leverage emerging technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the Design-related field, or a complementary discipline such as gaming or mobile application development.
- A portfolio of work (physical or online), and the ability to walk through the design challenges, design process and creative thinking.
- Concept development skills, and the ability to communicate strategies effectively (both written and verbal).
- Ability to create wireframes, user flows, and visual design specifications.
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch, Axure, Omnigraffle or similar wireframing tools, as well as Photoshop/other basic visual design tools.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Experience with user engagement strategies, growth, and onboarding tactics.
- Familiarity with user testing practices and analytics-driven insights.
- Rapid prototyping skills to bring concepts to life (Flinto, XD, HTML, Flash, Unity, etc.).
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit – on wheels, on rails, and on water
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!