This opportunity is working for a FinTech company that have made the process of handling your money quick, smart and efficient.
With over 300,000 customers and counting they are looking to expanding their talented teams and are in need of an experienced VP of Engineering to aid this exciting journey.
This position is initially on a 3-month contract basis with the potential of a full time role and is based in their London office.
- Lead the tech team ensuring all parts work effectively together
- Coach team members through their personal development plans
- Work with VP of People to recruit and motivate a high-performing Tech team
- Motivate team to deliver on commitments and manage any obstacles to productivity
- Work with business leaders to execute on strategic plans for new products and initiatives
- Create close working relationships with other key executives
- Provide thought leadership in management discussions and decision making
- Work with the team to make strides on data, security and innovations
- Owning and managing the core platform
- Supporting the Ops and product teams
- Making key decisions on tools, platforms and initiatives to move towards a target architecture.
- Advise exec team on technology trends and work together to keep Pockit on the leading edge
- A track record of leading and scaling effective tech teams within a high growth environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience in developing tech and product strategies in line with the commercial model
- Player / Coach mindset
- Substantial experience in negotiating with technical partners and software vendors
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience of working in finance is advantageous
- Passionate technologist with hands on experience of architecting and delivering complex, cloud-based products and platforms.
- Prior experience running multiple product teams
- Proven experience designing and managing data driven, high performance network services
- Will have operated in a high-growth environment and understand the complexity and challenges of leading a business through a transitional phase, specifically from a technology point of view.
- Proven experience with AWS/Azure/GCP,Containers, Data, Security and compliance