A company revolutionizing the online travel advertising space are looking for a VP of Data Science to lead their data science efforts.
Specializing in traveler path-to-purchase data for over a decade, they are travel's direct demand engine for thousands of brands -- from global enterprises to boutique operators -- across the hotel, airline, cruise, transportation, tourism industries, and more. Analyzing the world's travel intent signals with its proprietary data science methods, the company delivered $10B in generated bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Traveler Platform.
Recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, and Sydney.
It is an exciting time to join the data science team. Business is booming, the engineering platform is rock-solid, and there are increasing opportunities for data science to make an impact to the bottom line.
Each of the data scientists owns their own high-impact projects, whether it is a new modeling technique delivering better predictions, a new analysis and visualization highlighting weak spots in the pipelines, or a new tool that can help the team’s workflow.
Looking for a VP of Data Science who can leverage their prior Ad Tech experience and take on and lead large data science projects, from inception to completion. In addition to contributing technically throughout the project, you are also responsible for: working with product to refine product requirements, managing/coordinating the efforts of other data scientists contributing to the project, and interfacing with stakeholders throughout the company. Large data science projects revolve around extending their core capabilities in new dimensions, e.g., additional inventory channels, so prior knowledge and leadership experience are crucial.
- Project Conception/Refinement -- Work alongside our product team to conceive, refine, and plan for new functionality/products that enhance Sojern’s products/value
- Project Management -- Shepherd projects throughout their phases, manage resources, plan out delivery, expose and mitigate risks
- Promote/Foster Innovation -- Identify ways our modeling, processes, interactions can be improved and work with the team to propose and implement solutions
- Represent Data Science -- Work alongside our product team to conceive and bring to life new functionality/products that impact Sojern’s performance and value. Represent the data science team throughout Sojern.
- Python proficiency -- It’s our lingua franca, and we’re big Jupyter fans
- MS of PhD in CS or STEM -- Ability to transform concepts into practical solutions
- Machine Learning experience -- Successful implementation of ML solutions
- Communication Ability -- Experience/comfort in presenting abstract concepts
- Project Management Experience -- Experience leading large DS/ML projects
- Ad Tech Experience -- 5 + years of experience with data science/ML techniques as applied to Ad Tech, specifically experience on FB, RTB, SEM, cross-channel attribution, cross-device graph technologies
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
- Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Snacks: Variety of snacks in the office
- Meals: Monthly catered lunches & happy hours
- Wealth: Stock options
- Time Off: Flexible vacation days