Intelletec is partnered with a well-funded tech organization looking to change the pet food industry forever. Its goal is to deliver human-grade food for dogs directly to their consumer's doors.
This client is looking for a VP of Data Strategy & Insights to help lead the data initiatives. Ideally, this candidate will have experience working with both subscription and consumer-facing companies.
The role can be based in NYC, LA, or Chicago and is Hybrid.
- Build insights at scale - elevating foundational data systems and analytics to allow for faster, better, and more systematic insights
- Set a long-term vision for the data function and develop and execute successful data roadmaps
- Equip decision-makers to execute business and product strategy
- Evolve the function to a more decentralized and embedded design while ensuring strong collaboration and consistent data standards, and build the organizational processes for scale including headcount planning, leveling, operating rhythms, and career development
- Grow data literacy in the organization to speed effective decision-making as we scale
- Teach by example - demonstrate curiosity, nuance, and first principle thinking as we solve new and complex problems for our customers
- 8+ years leading data teams, with at least 4 of those in consumer-focused companies
- Past experience as a technical expert in data analytics, business analysis, or business intelligence prior to leadership/management experience
- Proven expertise in building high-impact data functions that operate with streamlined working processes at scale and form incredibly tight cross-functional partnerships and collaborations
- Strong familiarity with modern data stacks to handle huge volumes of real-time data
- Comfortable in ambiguityExcellent across multiple data disciplines including dbt, R, SQL, Python, data warehousing and ETL technologies, statistics and data science, BI tools, and modern engineering practice.