My client is looking for a hands-on VP of Engineering to manage a team of 3-5 software engineers as this talented NYC Fin Tech Startup continues to grow. This hands on leader will be one of the engineers that helps continue to develop mission-critical systems as well as scale them.
They're solving unique and innovative FinTech problems in order to create better solutions for SMBs to finance their growing businesses. They are already funding millions of dollars to SMBs each month.
- Be hands-on, taking stories and writing code.
- Hiring and coaching of development team.
- Work closely with the team to set technical direction and make architecture decisions.
- Implement best in class, startup software engineering practices.
- Regularly evaluate and provide feedback to engineers.
What you need:
- 5 to 10 years of experience as software and/or database developer.
- Experience developing and optimizing the overall product development process within a startup.
- Proven track record of managing, leading and motivating productive engineering teams.
- Experience growing and retaining teams that are continuously shipping product.
- Experience with python, postgres and cloud based dev-ops a plus.
- Suggestive on how to build and maintain a strong engineering culture.
- Ability to prescribe the right amount of process at the right stage for a rapidly growing startup.
- Desire to continue hands-on software development.
What you get:
- Salary up to $230K for the right candidate
- Huge piece of equity
- Full benefits
- 1 day/wk remote work
- Fun Casual startup atmosphere