Our client is building a new marketplace to enable online brands to access pooled marketing, data, and customers -- all while retaining their unique stories and direct relationships to their consumers. Founded by a group of leading ecommerce entrepreneurs, they have raised significant institutional capital and are poised to change the digitally-native direct-to-consumer landscape.
In 2019, total retail sales in the US were $5.2 trillion, e-commerce $575 billion, and D2C e-commerce $15 billion. They believe the biggest blocker to D2C ecosystem growth is the high cost to getting and keeping customers, and their goal is to unlock the next expansion in online consumer product creation by enabling entrepreneurs to reach customers more intelligently and cheaply.
Funded by Founders Fund, Greycroft Partners and Abstract Ventures, they are repeat founders who have previously scaled and exited direct to consumer startups.
- Manage and extend the core site, providing for scalable growth of the business
- Be the most-knowledgeable about all code and the point person for future tech projects
- Develop data-ingesting pipeline and ML framework for optimizing consumer experience (bonus)
- Help build growing tech team as the company scales
- You optimize for simplicity and fidelity in code design, and adhere to strict coding standards of notation, documentation and formatting.
- Self-starter attitude and track record of executing quickly on complex projects with minimal guidance, asking questions readily and iterating rapidly throughout
- You thrive in a culture of actionable feedback: offering it with precision, evaluating it with objectivity, and accepting it with humility
- You’re eager to own projects, work collaboratively, and help your team push the frontier of what’s possible.
- 5+ years as a software engineer. Preferably backend infrastructure (Rails, Postgres, etc.)
- JS frameworks (Angular, React), and third party vendor APIs and Webhooks (Twilio, Stripe, etc.)
- You have experience in technical project management, including pragmatically navigating trade offs between technical and functional priorities.
- Bonus: Experience with the frontend of native Shopify Theme (Liquid, SCSS, ES6),
Salary $200k+ depeneding on expierence as well as strong equity package