Due to rapid growth our Series A (LA) based client is seeking a VP of Engineering to spearhead the growth of the engineering team from 9-30 over the next three years.
This role will be responsible for recruiting, developing and mentoring the existing team while remaining hands on with the code with a (60%/40% split)
About the Role:
- 40% hands on, 60% leadership
- You will Oversee the building software that delights customers and suppliers
- You will manage & mentor the current team of 9 Engineers while help to build & recruit new members
- You will work across the stack (Python,Ruby,ReactJS) and contribute to new features
- You will advise and oversee the implementation of tools to improve ground operations
- This role will report directly to the CEO
- At least 4 year of commercial leadership experience within a startup
- Experience in scaling and leading a startup from Series A-C
- Experience in Managing teams from the 10-30 level
- Strong expertise in at least one server-side framework (Django, Express, Ruby on Rails etc.)
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience (strong focus on practical experience versus theoretical knowledge)
- Experience developing testing suites for mobile applications
- Expertise in at least one front-end framework (React, Backbone etc.)
- Salary offered is up to $200K (based on experience) plus equity and benefits.
To find out please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more details.