Our client is on a mission to reduce food waste and increase access to nutritious food globally by transforming the fresh food supply chain. Their AI-powered solutions optimize the multi-trillion-dollar grocery industry's food ordering, production, and merchandising processes. They built the first platform capable of handling all of Fresh food’s complexities.
The good work their platform has done to date:
6.9 million pounds of food waste avoided
3.82 thousand tons of GHG emissions reduced
140 million gallons of water saved
They are relentlessly focused on helping grocers reduce waste, increase profitability, and bring better, fresher food to their communities. They are currently deployed in hundreds of grocery stores across the United States and is on track to reduce 30 million pounds of food waste per year with their existing customers alone. By 2021, we're aiming to reduce food waste by a quarter billion pounds per year.
What will you be doing?
- Build complex and rich application and web projects in React. You will work on their data console which includes dashboards and power tools for their customers to manage their business.
- Partner with engineering to set the long-term technical direction for their web and API platform.
- Design and implement GraphQL/REST APIs which serve our front-end with a focus on simplicity and performance.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience with application & web development
- Proven track record of shipping high-quality production code
- Attention to detail and expertise in front-end web development
- Strong understanding of API development and design
- Collaborative attitude while also being highly self-directed
- System-level problem solving and excitement to tackle hard problems
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Technologies: React strongly preferred, GraphQL & Typescript a plus