A growing startup who are well backed by large investors and seeking their first initial hires to grow an exceptional team.
They are looking for a passionate, result oriented, data scientist to build out a big-data pipeline, pattern recognition engine, and search engine. They process billions of events for some of the largest consumer brands. This person will be joining the founding team and as early member will work on every aspect of our big data and machine learning stack including cutting edge technologies like spark, docker, search, and deep learning.
In this role, you will:
• Design and develop novel ML algorithms to mine through massive volumes of real time streaming data
• Architect the data ingestion pipeline, write new data connectors, develop unique pattern detectors, and evaluate big data technologies
• Work with founders in setting company culture, business strategy and product vision
• On-Board and run pilot programs with customers (from setting up data to delivering the insights)
To be successful in this role, you have:
• The ability to work on big data platforms like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc
• Strong programming skills in any of the following - Python, Java, Scala
• Exposure to machine learning and data mining
• Strong algorithmic design, and experience in building web services
• BS/Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Stats or related engineering disciplines