Recruiting is broken. The workforce lacks diversity and inclusion. And current recruiting methods and tools contribute to the problem. Their mission is to make the world more equitable by building a collaborative talent marketplace that creates more opportunity for everyone.
Our client's virtual recruiting platform is transforming the talent industry by bringing together recruiting professionals and talent through communities, expanding talent opportunities in a broken system, and helping businesses build diverse workforces. They are also actively building a diverse and inclusive organization. They welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
They are backed by Sequoia, with a recent $8.5M Series A funding. They are headquartered in San Francisco, but many of their teams and roles are remote-first (US-based only at this time).
About the team
Their team is composed of high-energy people with unique backgrounds (from high school dropouts to MLK scholars). They're a team of learners and doers with a bias for action. They move fast, iterate, measure, and iterate again. They also encourage each other to always remember the “why” in service to the mission and believe people are our greatest asset.
Their stack consists of a Swift iOS app, Kotlin Android app, Vue.js frontend, Django / Python backend, ML recommendation-based microservice, and AWS/Netlify as our infrastructure, with a transition to Kubernetes-based deployments underway.
- Act like an owner, reacting quickly to issues and serving as a source of knowledge about devops
- Proactively identify risks to timely compliance, effectively communicating those and adjusting devops plans to achieve goals
- Deliver high quality results, exceeding you and your team’s commitments & expectations
- Have a knack for learning and adaptively handling tasks wherever needed
- Operate & troubleshoot company wide infrastructure, from our backend Django app to our Python ML microservice
- Collaborate with our backend team to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot applications on our Kubernetes cluster
- Take ownership of infra projects end-to-end: from security & eng requirements through development to production
- Collaborate with all of engineering to implement metrics, tracing, and monitoring for our various platforms
- Low ego, high EQ engineer, able to work collaboratively no matter the task at hand
- You put customers first, taking a humanistic approach to making sure we fit user need
- Be instrumental in the future development of our organization, scaling us from hundreds of thousands of users to hundreds of millions
- 6+ years of experience in devops or a related field
- Experience in setting up and maintaining infrastructure and application monitoring
- Strong experience with setting up, maintaining, and troubleshooting Kubernetes deployments
- Understanding of efficient CI/CD
- Deep knowledge of Linux
- Strong ability to troubleshooting applications running on Linux in AWS
- Basic scripting in at least 2+ languages
- Experience with distributed task queues
- A Bachelor's Degree or comparable work experience
Benefits & Additional Notes
They offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. They provide:
- 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance
- unlimited paid-time off
- flexible working arrangements
- competitive pay
To help employees have a comfortable “work from home” environment, we also offer a $500 reimbursement to get you the tools you need and a $75/week reimbursement for meals.
We are a distributed team, and we offer US-based remote employment for most roles. Though we're a distributed team, we're currently only able to hire US-based candidates.