Our client is creating the spending platform of the future- they are rebuilding the modern charge card for young professionals that unlocks access to unique experiences. Their sleek design, cutting-edge tech, and world class support are changing how the new generation of professionals spend. They are backed by top VC's and have over $50MM in funding.
Currently, they are a team of 7 engineers coming from top companies like Facebook, Shopify, and Apple. The ideal candidate is a highly talented, scrappy engineer who is aligned with the mission and LOVES to build. If you are passionate about design, fintech, and building- apply within.
THIS IS A HYBRID ROLE IN SF OR NY
- Design, architect and implement large chunks of our stack’s technology
- Guide your team members in navigating technical issues
- Provide technical guidance to business, design, and other nontechnical teams
- Set standards, levels and best practices for Point Engineering as a whole
- Advocate for technologies, systems, and ways of working to better empower our whole engineering organization
- 8+ years experience developing client/server software in a dynamically-typed languages (Node, Ruby, Python), statically-typed languages (Java, C, C++), or other modern environments (Go, Rust, Elixir, etc).
- 5+ years experience developing cloud-based software on AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and production-facing relational databasesStrong experience optimizing & performance profiling server-side applications
- Good collaboration skills & the ability to work well with product, design, or other cross-functional teams
- Fintech or cryptocurrency experience, especially at a venture-backed startup
- Experience using Java Spring Boot Framework
- Experience with data privacy & implementing application security best practices
Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible.