My client are paving the way to becoming one of the world's leading Digital Wellness platforms for tracking, monitoring, motivating, managing and rewarding exercise, activity and nutrition in the workplace and beyond.
Due to growth they are looking for bright and talented Lead Backend Engineer to join our team and help them drive quality throughout our Digital Wellness platform. We’re highly ambitious with an incredible opportunity in the marketplace, so if you’re looking to challenge yourself and work in wearable tech then we’d love to hear from you.
- To work in a clustered, load balanced, high traffic, data-rich environment hosted in AWS. You must have a background in creating event/message driven, performant and scalable solutions and know how not to require sticky sessions.
- To drive process improvements through the team through by coaching “XP” methods, test driven development with PHP Spec and much much more.
- To drive architectural improvements throughout a SaaS platforms utilising modern architectural approaches such as Domain Driven Design, MicroServices and the use of modern frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony2 or Zend
- To make sensible buy v.s build decisions when it comes to contributing towards the product strategy and not re-invent the wheel unnecessarily
- To enable and drive the reduction in the feedback loop between dev, test and product by driving continuous integration and delivery strategies that deliver value to the business
- To work closely with the entire team to set the product delivery up for success by proactively participating and contributing to our Agile processes and ceremonies such as sprint planning, backlog refinement and sprint reviews.
- To appreciate what it takes to get a feature to done, feeding the Product Owners with accurate estimates and ensuring that you’re comfortable stepping out of your comfort zone when required.
- To make sure that high level artefacts such as our API contracts are defined as a team, that sensible change control is enacted upon and that technical debt does not accrue unnecessarily.
What can they offer
- London-based super friendly international team
- Private health insurance after 3 months
- Pension scheme (coming soon!)
- Employee share option scheme (coming soon!)