Our client is making it easy for everyone to access affordable, unbiased financial advice. They believe that financial wellness starts with a single paycheck- thats why they're working with leading companies that provide 1-on-1 financial advisors and personal finance tools as an employee benefit. Our client helps employees make the most of their compensation and benefits, and helps companies support and retain more diverse teams. They've raised more than $10M from M13, Foundation Capital, Workday Ventures, Parade Ventures, and top founders and executives at NerdWallet, Plaid, Adobe, Amazon, SunRun, and Yelp.
We're looking for talented software engineers, who are excited about our vision and mission of democratizing financial wellness, and passionate about building quality user experiences. Our team is very collaborative, and we prioritize quality engineering as well as an amazing product experience.
- Take full ownership for engineering features across all levels of the stack, from end to end, idea to production.
- Code quickly and test thoroughly, balancing velocity and code health. Write well-documented, clean, testable code.
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary Northstar team, from other engineers to designers, marketers, sales, and financial advising. We do our best work when we all work together to come up with the solution.
- Work with the team to reveal user needs and develop feature requirements. Work closely with the design team to define and build product, adapting to customer feedback, and making decisions around tradeoffs.
Required Experience/About You:
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience developing production-quality product using Rails, TypeScript, React, Postgres, and GraphQL
- You enjoy being a generalist, ready to learn and build with the right tools for each problem. You focus on the problem, rather than on the tool.
- You are a life-long learner, humble, and constantly looking to improve.
- Clarity of communication is important to you, both spoken and written.
- You are highly empathetic to teammates, customers – everyone.
- You love working with and learning from teammates across functions.
- You enjoy thinking about tradeoffs, and being decisive in making decisions and moving forward without full information.
- You prefer the early high growth stages of a startup, before systems have been established.