I've partnered with a mission-driven FinTech platform based out of NYC, seeking a Senior Backend (Java) Engineer to join this rapidly growing team. They have raised over $60m from top VCs.
Their product is a market first, it's a credit card that allows people to pay rent with their card, enabling them to build credit faster and fast-track them to home ownership.
In addition to building credit, their card also has a much higher rate of rewards than the traditional credit card out there in the same price category. This includes one-to-one point transfers for travel across over 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor.
What You'll Do:
- Implement microservices using Java and Quarkus framework
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs related to payments, banking, loyalty, commerce, and property management
- Propose and enhance automation initiatives related to infrastructure as code, CI/CD, monitoring, and alerting
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle - from concept to ship
- Become a foundational member of our team, working alongside the Head of Engineering and Head of Product
What You'll Bring:
- 6+ years of production-level experience
- Demonstrable experience in Java development, REST, API security standards,
- Experience w/ Google Cloud Platform definitely helps
- Great interpersonal skills and a team player
- Knowledge of the start-up world preferred
- Flexibility - we are disrupting an industry so changes to traditional processes should be expected
- Base salary from $170-300k
- Significant Series A equity
- Fantastic Benefits
- Hybrid in NYC
Visa transfers not available.