Wealth management is a massive industry in the US ($545 billion annual revenue) but remains an archaic and inefficient industry with low technology penetration. 75% of wealth managers do not offer any digital communication beyond emails and 62% of them conduct financial planning manually (for example, in Excel). This results in a poor client experience and a low ceiling on the number of clients a wealth manager can support.
My client is a technology driven wealth management firm with an emphasis on building software to drive automation and efficiency for wealth managers so they can focus on what truly matters: quality time with clients. They are able to grow rapidly by acquiring traditional wealth management firms and supercharging them with their software to make them dramatically more efficient and support more clients without adding additional headcount.
They are a team of former founders and operators who have started and sold two companies and bring over two decades of experience from Brex, Facebook, Airbnb, and Box.
They are backed by top-tier VC firms based in Silicon Valley and New York City and a panel of A-list executives from the wealth management industry.
They are looking for a senior full stack engineer to join them in building a best-in-class tech driven wealth management firm. You will be responsible for leading projects from inception to production while partnering closely with product, design, and business partners. This will also be an opportunity for you to shape the strategy and product direction for their business.
- Own the end to end product development lifecycle of identifying, designing, and shipping large initiatives for clients and advisors.
- Produce high-quality, production-ready, readable, maintainable code
- Work cross functionally with product leadership, design, and business partners to deliver the best product.
- 5+ years of experience building and scaling web applications.
- 1+ year of experience working with a web framework (Rails, Django, Spring, etc)
- 1+ years of experience working with a frontend web development library (React preferred)
- 1+ years of experience working with a SQL database
- Experience with GraphQL preferred
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Unlimited PTO + paid company holidays
- Fully paid, best in class medical, dental, and vision plans
- $900 yearly HSA company contribution
- Company 401(k), Commuter, and FSA plans
- NYC office with breathtaking views in the heart of Manhattan
- Relocation support (if you want to join us in NYC)
- Lunch, dinner, and snacks provided in the office
- Free virtual medical and mental health care ($550/year)
- Gym reimbursement ($400/year)
- Free access to OneMedical ($150/year)