My client delivers the moments that matter to you most. The platform offers a seamless user and viewing experience by aggregating and organizing live sports streaming rights into one cohesive and accessible mobile platform and allowing its users to set up customized alerts based on their preferences. The app is personalized for fans and will be authenticated through existing subscriptions or secure micropayments to buy only and exactly what they want to watch. They recently raised a Series A investment round that included notable athlete investors such as Michael Jordan, Naomi Osaka, Patrick Mahomes, and Sabrina Ionescu.
They celebrate their community of fans who are fueled by their passion for sports. Founded in New York, their growing remote team is driven by their commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion to create more opportunities for communities of color. This is how they bring people together.
Their values represent who they are and what they stand for: level the playing field, build bridges, be transparent, celebrate human achievement and practice steward leadership.
My client is a new mobile-only platform that provides curated short-form access to live sports content so fans never have to miss a moment. They are seeking a motivated Sr. Platform Engineer with extensive cloud infrastructure and backend engineering experience to join the team. This is a critical role on their engineering team to build a scalable and accurate solution to serve customers personalized notifications regarding upcoming, interesting live sports look-ins. The role will be essential to building out their backend as they partner with various sports leagues and data providers, each with their own sets of specs and requirements.
In this role you will...
- Coach and Mentor: As a technical competence leader, be responsible for coaching and mentoring engineers across architecture design, programming languages, and other areas of their professional development in order to grow and level up the engineering organization.
- Platform Engineering: Directly work on the implementation and development of backend microservices and management of related data stores. You will work closely with other engineering teams to identify and meet their needs in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Cloud Architecture: Build highly scalable services to support web-based applications and client devices. You will create secure, multi-tenant services, including databases and middleware.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment: Create and maintain continuous integration and deployment processes, ensuring the entire CI/CD pipeline works as intended.
They are presently a fully distributed company, which will require this individual to be collaborative, proactive, and comfortable working remotely. You will report directly to Luis Reyes, Engineering Manager, Platform, as well as work very closely and collaboratively with the broader engineering teams and product.
- Experience developing and managing scalable infrastructure and applications in the cloud (ideally within AWS)
- Experience with microservice development
- Experience with Terraform (or other IaaC tools, such as CloudFormation)
- Experience with Golang (or other strongly typed languages, such as Java, C, C++)
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, and Redis)
- Familiarity with Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of source control systems, including Git
- Previous experience working in an agile environment with 2-week sprints
- Experience working with data analytics and data science
- Experience building machine learning pipelines, particularly for recommendation engines
- Experience build data lakes and data pipelines
- Experience working with graph databases (such as Amazon Neptune)
- Experience with sports media applications and/or design
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience