We are exclusively partnered with a world leader in credit services for major corporations and nation states.
Established over 100 years ago, with more than 5000 employees across the globe, and almost $2 billion in revenue, they are one of New York's big success stories.
I am seeking a Platform Engineer to be part of a team supporting the global business and support functions across the organization for a wide range of cloud based big data solutions. This is an opportunity to influence and innovate as part of the new CDO function. In this role, the platform engineer will partner with the platform architect to design and engineer a new cutting edge cloud data platform.
What You'll Do:
• Implement the cloud and data services defined in the blueprint ultimately developed by our leadership
• Partner with our cloud infra (AWS) to design and deploy a cloud big data platform
• Develop and support features for platforms such as AWS S3 and Redshift
• Develop platform standards for how integrations are developed, and how features are developed within the ecosystem
• Provide technical knowledge to application teams that are re-architecting legacy/batch data solutions into more modern, event-based technical solutions
• Provide support to enterprise application teams to define re-usable critical cloud technologies
What You'll Bring:
• 8+ years experience as a cloud database engineer with a proven track record of delivery
• Expertise with AWS infrastructure such as S3, Redshift, Glue, and Athena required
• Hands-on experience as a database developer and/or DBA is a must
• Working experience with python or ansible for the purposes of developing a software defined infrastructure
• Experience engineering and supporting enterprise-level big data platforms is required
• Self-starter with a willingness to step outside normal boundaries given the startup nature of this role
This is a PERMANENT position - NO C2C or Contract - please DO NOT apply if you are seeking a contract you will not get a response.