We has partnered with a Series B Social Media Startup that is looking to add a Senior Rails Engineer to its growing engineering team. This company has developed a professional social network that lets users create a free personal webpage, share what they're up to both personally and professionally and send collaboration requests to others. Their investors include (not limited to) Bungalow Capital Management, Capital, YouTube, Twitch, and PayPal.
- Work with an international team of product-oriented engineers.
- Leverage Ruby on Rails, Turbo, StimulusJS, and Bootstrap to create, maintain, and iterate on features used by thousands of people.
- Mentor, coach, and share knowledge with your engineering teammates through daily code review and weekly engineering discussions.
- Help break features down into smaller units of engineering work, identifying problem spots, and participating in architecture discussions.
- 4+ years of full-stack engineering experience using Ruby on Rails.
- A strong understanding of OOP and other software design principles
- An understanding of the importance of unit, integration, and system tests and embrace the benefits they bring to the development process.
- Experience with continuous integration pipelines, preferably using Heroku and Github Actions.