Who We Are
Our client is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, they has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
Not only can you eat our dog food (it’s human grade, but pretty bland to us (we tasted it)), but you can work alongside our customer-engineers who dog-food our product on a daily basis.
What’s a day in the life of a Full Stack/Backend Software Engineer like here? You’ll work with a talented engineering “pawd” to expand and improve our subscription-based, direct-to-consumer, e-commerce platform that delivers fresh food to pets across the country. Big fan of short feedback loops? You’ll deliver high quality, well-tested and peer-reviewed code to production in minutes using our automated CI/CD pipeline. Your solutions will leverage industry best practices including A/B experiments, feature toggles and canary rollouts to confidently release high-impact features that dog lovers will love.
You’ll work on systems including:
- Rule-based pricing
- Product and subscription recommendations
- Order scheduling (to make sure the dogs never run out of food!)
- Product taxonomy and subscription modeling to support our personalized, continuity-based subscription model
- Developing new services to support our scale and future product innovations
Here collaboration is an imperative. Their team is full of engineers that love to learn and grow. You’ll regularly white board, pair program and review architecture with top-notch peers with experience working at Amazon, Google, Disney, and Apple.
They have a great team, but there’s still so much to do and figure out. If you’re interested in scale and want to be in the room when those architecture decisions are made: you’re reading the right job description. We’re in that sweet spot of having clear product-market fit, but still having a small enough team that each engineer makes a big impact. You’ll work closely with the team to restructure our application architecture to handle our rapid growth at scale.
If you want to have the space and agency to make a big impact both for customers, colleagues and our system: If you’re looking for a fully-formed organization with a lot of established processes: a larger company would be a better fit. If you’re looking for rapid iteration to find product-market fit: an earlier stage startup would be a better match.
How You'll Make An Impact
We’re looking for senior backend engineers who are excited to mentor, make big changes, learn and grow. In general you should have:
- 5+ years of experience working professionally with backend web technologies (preferably in e-commerce).
- Solid data modeling skills for assessing and expanding our domain.
- Strong architectural experience working at scale.
- Experience mentoring other engineers.
We're Excited About You Because
- There’s a focus on quality in everything you deliver from code, to architecture, to group messages.
- Detail oriented internally and externally. You love to build accurate mental models of how things work.
- Focused on seeking out contrasting opinions so you can learn and grow.
- Resourceful enough to get the answers you need independently while savvy enough to develop solutions collaboratively.
- Comfortable in both scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, as well as more sophisticated and later-stage organizations.
- You think critically and objectively; have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills. You enjoy providing long-term career guidance for your team members.
- High energy and action-oriented with a passion for getting things done in complex environments.
- Strong communication skills. You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others.
- Results orientated with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls is now a feature, not a bug
For more information, please contact email@example.com